Monday, November 19, 2007

i read this story and i think it's really touching. TITLE:
INITIATIVE (SOMETIMES ALL U NEED IS TO UST INITIATE)

I stared at the girl next to me... She was my so called "best friend"... I stared at her... Long, silky hair...And I wished she was mine... But she didn't notice me like that... I knew it... After class she walked up to meand asked me for the notes she had missed the day before... And I handed them to her... She said "thanks"...And gave me a kiss on the cheek... I wanted to tell her... I want her toknow that I don't want to be "justfriends"... I love her but I'm too shy to tell her... And I don't know why...
IT 'S JUNIOR YEAR...
M y phone rang... On the other end itwas her... She was in tears...Mumbling on and on about how her lovehad broken her heart... She asked meto come over because she didn't wantto be alone... So I did... As I satnext to her on the sofa... I stared ather soft eyes... Wishing she wasmine... After 2 hours... A DrewBarrymore movie... And 3 bags ofchips... She decided to go to sleep...She looked at me.. Said "thanks" andgave me a kiss on the cheek... Iwanted to tell her... I want her toknow... That I don't want to be "justfriends"... I love her but I'm too shyto tell her... And I don't know why...
IT 'S SENIOR YEAR...
T he day before prom... She walked tomy locker... "My date is sick" shesaid... He's not going to go...Well... I didn't have a date and in7th grade... We made a promise that ifneiter of us had dates... We'd gotogether just as "best friends"... Andso we did...
IT 'S PROM NIGHT...
After everything was over with... Iwas standing at her front door step...I stared at her ... She smiled atme... I wanted her to be mine... Butshe doesn't think of me like that...And I know it... Then she said "I hadthe best time... Thanks!"... And shegave me a kiss on the cheek... Iwanted to telll her... I wanted her toknow that I don't want to be "justfriends"... I love her but I'm justtoo shy... And I don't know why...
IT 'S GRADUATION DAY...
A day passed... And then a week... Andthen a month... Before I couldblink... It was graduation day... Iwatched her... Perfect body... Floatedlike an angel up on stage to get herdiploma... I wanted her to be mine...But she doesn't think of me thatway... And I know it... Beforeeveryone went home... She came to mein her smock and hat... And cried as Ihugged her... Then she lifted her headfrom my shoulders and said "you're mybest friend"... "Thanks!"... And gaveme a kiss on the cheek... I wanted totell her.. I wanted to know that Iwanted to be more than "justfriends"... I love her but I'm tooshy... And I don't know why...
IT 'S A FEW YEARS LATER...
Now I sit in the pews of the church...A church that she is getting marriedin now... I watched her say "I do" andrive off to her new life... Marriedto another man... I wanted her to bemine... But she didn't see me likethat... And I knew it... But beforeshe drove away... She came to me andsaid "You came!... Thanks!"... And shekissed me on the cheek... I wanted totell her... I wantd her to know that Ididn't want to be "just friends"... Ilove her but I'm just too shy... And Idon't know why...
YE ARS PASSED...
I looked down at the coffin of a girlwho used to be my "best friend"... At the service they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years... This is what it said... "I stare at him... Wishing he was mine...But he doesn't notice me like that...And I know it... I wanted to tell him... I wanted him to know... That I don't want to be "just friends"... I love him but I'm just too shy... And I don't know why... I wish he would tell me he loved me"... I wish I did too...I thought to myself and I cried...

i would cry too... it's so regretful-ing

No comments: